1) Lenny Kravitz said it best: “Honey, it aint over ‘til it’s over.” Stay tuned to the DNC’s live stream interviews, debates, commentary and other political shenanigans up through the very last night of the DNC, here
2) About Last Night: Watch Bill Clinton’s DNC Day 2 speech, here
3) President Barack Obama’s personal ‘stay woke’ warning: “Stay Scared.”
“It is the nature of democracy that until those votes are cast and the American people have their say, we don’t know.” / “I think anybody who goes into campaigns not running scared can end up losing.” / “So, my advice to Democrats — and I don’t have to give this advice to Hillary Clinton, because she already knows it — is you stay worried until all those those votes are cast and counted because you know, one of the dangers in an election like this is that people don’t take the challenge seriously. They stay home. And we end up getting the unexpected.”
4) In astronomy, all planets orbit the sun.
As per science the sun is a “star”-not a moon or a planet.
In astrology, the sun rules constellation “Leo”: “the superstar” of the zodiac who, like “fans” to a star, all planets orbit around in order to get some of its heat, life-giving energy sources. That is—all planets except Jupiter.
New science suggests we toss that notion (now that we’ve completed the Jupiter mission close up). Scientists are now saying that unlike the other 8 planets, Jupiter does NOT orbit the sun because it is far too big and massive! Story here
4a (more on that story here)
5) Would you believe this pristine swimming spot was in—Kentucky? Story here
RNC / DNC POLITICAL DRESS GATE
6) Melania Trump may not have been able to sell us on that plagiarized speech at the RNC but she sold something: The dress she wore. Story here
7) Ivanka Trump’s $138 dress from her own line. Story here
8) “The Dress Ivanka Trump Wore at the RNC Speaks Volumes About What Kind of Woman She Is” ….SHUT UP. IT’S CALLED ADVERTISING. IT’S FROM HER OWN LINE! Geezel peetes!
Moving along. Sorta…
9) Breitbart: “Ivanka’s $138 Dress versus Hillary’s $12,495 Jacket”
10) New York Times: “Michelle Obama’s Dress May Have Looked Simple, but It Spoke Volumes”
11) Meryl Streep’s American print dress was a hit (that sold out online) but she’s not the first.
Here’s the story behind Meryl’s dress, here
12) O’Reilly Ignorance, Bliss and Whites’plaining: “Slaves That Built The White House Were ‘Well Fed and Had Decent Lodgings’” …was that fool Bill O’Reilly’s response to First Lady Michelle Obama’s DNC Day 1 speech where she mentioned she and her family were living in a house built by slaves.
13) New York Daily News: “KING: To stop Donald Trump, I’ll be voting for Hillary Clinton”
14) I LIVED for planking pics! LoL.While planking may have been dumb (yet hella funny) but earned the world nothing,
…getting wet like a plank actually did: Funds raised from those dumb Ice Bucket Challenges funded the discovery of the gene linked to ALS.
15) …And then there were none:
Charges dropped against last 3 officers in the death of Baltimore Freddie Gray case. Marilyn Mosby speaks out:
16) Take notes: British police officers want to show us how to they deal with a possibly armed man—without taking a shot. Story here
17) Woke White Folk: Henry Rollins says white people couldn’t even handle what black people go through. Story here
17a) (more on this story)
18) Edward Snowden Designs Phone Case That Tells You If Your Phone is Snitching. Story here
— WIRED (@WIRED) July 21, 2016
19) Judge jails attorney for 5 days for refusal to remove Black Lives Matter pin. Story here
20) Warning from Verizon—correction: warning for huge data users (from Verizon): Switch plans or else. Story here
21) From the desk of Hillary: “8 Things You Need To Know About Tim Kaine, Your Next Vice President”
21a) (more on this story)
22) High court in Virginia strikes down government’s order giving felons the right to vote. Story here
22a) (more on this story)
23) Washington Post: “Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy” (full page editorial)