- Volkswagen Automaker recalling 281,000 vehicles due to defect
- Volkswagen Issues Recall Over Computer Glitch …and this “glitch” goes something like: driving 65mph on the highway and all of a sudden, your car stalls out of nowhere—with cars speeding behind and coming up on you.
- Stuff our subscribers knew weeks ago, but ICYDK: Recall: Own a Nissan? You could be entitled to $500
- Recall Roundup: Nissan and more
- Experience Hurricane Harvey’s Damage in 360
- Dramatic photo shows Harvey floodwaters overtaking a freeway in Texas
- 50+ Powerful Photos From Hurricane Harvey That Show The Devastating Power Of Nature
- What made the rain in Hurricane Harvey so extreme
- Rain record broken in Texas as Harvey dumps nearly 52 inches
- Most Harvey flood victims uninsured, face big bills alone
- He Survived Hurricane Katrina, Now He’s Had To Evacuate Houston
- Houston mayor imposes citywide curfew to curb looting
- ‘F— Off, Snitch’: ABC Reporter Blasted for Telling Cops About Hurricane ‘Looting’
Let me clear this up–we were w/police who had discovered a dead body & mentioned we saw ppl w/faces covered going into a supermarket nearby pic.twitter.com/bfM5WCCO1e
— Tom Llamas (@TomLlamasABC) August 29, 2017
- United Airlines CEO will personally give up to $1 million to help employees hurt by Harvey
- Best Buy Sorry For Texas Store Selling $43 Bottled Water During Harvey
- Texas woman found dead in Harvey floods; young daughter clinging to her is alive
- Officials to undocumented immigrants: You will not be arrested if you seek shelter after Harvey
- Flooded Texas senior citizens in viral photo are now safe
- After Pressure Mounts, Joel Osteen Says His Houston Megachurch Is Open To Evacuees
- Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church opens its doors to those seeking shelter from Harvey
- Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston Lined With Clothes, Toys, Towels
- Joel Osteen’s Church Was Fully Accessible During Harvey, Neighboring Hotel’s Biz Was Booming
- Forecast brings hope as new shelters open, death toll rises
- Houston congresswoman warns that people are giving out false evacuation orders
- Bass Pro provides boats for Harvey rescue efforts
- Houston Businessman Turns His Furniture Stores Into Storm Shelters
- Trump addresses Hurricane Harvey victims in Corpus Christi: “what a crowd, what a turnout” …I’d like for THAT to be “fake news.”
- Hurricane Harvey: Donald Trump has not accepted Mexico’s offer to help Houston flooding victims
- Melania Trump mocked for her ‘storm stilettos’ as she heads to Texas for Hurricane Harvey relief
This thread. These posts:
Not sure Melania Trump is prepared for Hurricane Harvey pic.twitter.com/Mz5ndbmKC9
— Elliot Wagland (@elliotwagland) August 29, 2017
- Florida professor suggests Texans deserve Harvey for supporting Trump
- Ann Coulter Says She’d Blame Hurricane On Lesbian Mayor Before Climate Change …she is just trash. I’m assuming this statement is in retaliation against the teacher’s statement saying that Texas’ Harvey is karma for voting for Trump. But (little does she know), statements like this only makes anything she say null and void when she wants to be taken seriously. This was even sillier than the teacher’s statement. When he went low, she went even lower. Smh. If the teacher is dumb, she is dumber.
- FBI shuts down request for files on Hillary Clinton by citing lack of public interest
- Sean Spicer finally met the pope
- Sarah Palin’s Defamation Lawsuit Against The New York Times Dismissed
- Chris Christie: Ted Cruz Is Lying About Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill
- Trump-haters gleefully share photo of Obama helping hurricane victims in Texas, until they realize
- Tweets About Obama’s Hurricane Katrina Response Are Just So Wrong You Guys
- Democrats prepare to fight Trump’s transgender military ban
- US test to shoot down ballistic missile a success amid recent North Korean provocations
- North Korea Warns Shot Over Japan Was ‘Prelude’ To Strikes Near Guam
- Georgia GOPer warns black attorney she ‘may go missing’ if she tries to remove Confederate monument
- Woman Poured Urine on Metrobus Driver’s Head, Police Say
- Man born in UK receives letter from Home Office ordering him to leave country
- Floods in India, Bangladesh and Nepal kill 1,200 and leave millions homeless
- Chinese man stabs and slits a kangaroo’s throat 18 times
- South Florida immigrants fear possible end of DACA protection
- After the rush job to use public money on private schools, now we wait
ENTERTAINMENT / CELEBS
- Kevin Hart Asks Jay-Z for Money
- Beyonce’s Pastor Reveals She’s Already Made a ‘Significant Donation’ to Hurricane Harvey Relief
- Houston native Beyonce planning to aid those hurt by Harvey
- Hollywood rallies for Harvey relief effort
- Sandra Bullock Donates $1 Million to Help Hurricane Harvey Victims
- D.L. Hughley: ‘God Didn’t Change Joel Osteen’s Heart, Twitter Did’ — Couldn’t Have Said It Better
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 14 Poster
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic: Watch the First Trailer
ENTREPRENEUR / CAREER / SOCIAL FYI
…I abhor clichés and trite quotes, but I do believe in choosing a career you never need a vacation from. And if you do go on vacation and what you do is really something you love, (and moreover) need too-like you want others too-then you take it with you. Everything’s mobile now. Furthermore, I’m a writer. I write from experience of my own and that from others so information x experience fuels me to run my brands. When I started my online mags I did it in these ways because I wasn’t seeing (or getting it) the way I wanted it (for me). So instead of complaining about the ‘same old same old’ way of the way online news and information was run, I did it myself. That said, even if I did want to retire from what I do, I couldn’t. Why? Because for me I need what I do. No one else gave it to me before I created it so whose gonna give it to me the way I want it if I quit? Nobody. So. It’s automatic. That’s just the way it is. Wherever I go, there, it-what I do-will be. I (for me) want to be able to go back and find all the information that I want + need to know. So I do what I do and you happen to be invited. It’s not a fight, angst, agony, or competition for me.
TECHNOLOGY / BUSINESS
- Uber Ends Its Controversial Post-Ride Tracking Of Users’ Location
- Fox News pulled off the air in Britain
- Keep It Simple And Stay Open: The Waffle House Storm Menu
- Poundland ‘gets jobless to work for free under government scheme’
- Half a million cars could have been destroyed by Harvey
- All proceeds from Texans-Cowboys game will go to Hurricane Harvey relief
- Rays to Donate Revenue from Astros Series in Tampa to Hurricane Harvey Relief
- Texans vs. Cowboys Ticket Proceeds Will Go to United Way Hurricane Harvey Relief
- J.J. Watt wanted to raise $200,000 for Hurricane Harvey relief. He’s now closing in on $5 million
- Jordan Brand unveils Air Jordan XXXII in Italy
- Kevin Durant embraces cupcake joke with new Nike shoe
- Report: Cavs Not Seeking Another Player or High Draft Pick in Kyrie Irving Trade
- Sorry, but Mayweather-McGregor was not a great fight
- Are Floyd Mayweather And Keyshia Cole Dating? Her Latest Instagram Photo Fuels Rumors
- A fan at the Mayweather-McGregor fight snuck down into $25,000 seats and sat among celebrities
- Aaron Rodgers Shows Up to Packers Camp with Thick Mustache ..it looks so 80s pornstar. Oh dear God Aaron. LoL.
BUSINESS / TECHNOLOGY
Pull up a chair.
…I was JUST talking to my friend about this yesterday-about how if I had to chance to do my online mags and business all over again, there’d never be one single photo of me on social media or Internet.
My friend did this for his business in Florida-Mexican girl was the front face of his business which worked in his favor.
In the 90s (it was rumored) that car dealer Mel Farr Ford’s white guy on the frontface was put out there as “Mel Farr.”
Hell, comedian Jamie Foxx used that unisex stage name for the same reason (as the girls in this article)…
In this information age of mimicky/domino affect “transparency” we somehow feel like we HAVE to be the frontface of our brands (even more so than 2007-2009/2010).
You see, social media brought a “ready-made audience” of the world at our fingertips and somehow-it made (many of us)…us think we are now (all of a suffen-for many of us…) “walking into our purpose” and so (all of a sudden-at the start of “attention”) we decided we are “brands” of people “walking into our purpose.”
But the double-edge sword of that is the “social” (personal) vs. the “media” (business). Removing the “brand” or “purpose” aspect of it all, despite all the wonderful things that have become of social media (by way of the Internet) and its positives, the negatives are that social media (itself) where that “audience” is, is a place where people are scrapping for daily significance and relevance in a place where people (like me) are interested in the business over the fame, first. But opposite that-in droves-most want to be famous first—under the guise of having/being a “brand” or “business.”
With all of that, the negative of social media is the (hard core fact) that (along with brick and mortar/analog problems like sexism or racism of old-that still hold true as issues) AS WELL (digital) online, jealousy, envy, coveting, and the kind of social politics—that we do NOT have to be held accountable for past a 140 character tweet (or Facebook or IG) post come into play when you are on social media and the frontface of your “brand” or business.
Long story short (as, this is better served/explained via another #AngFrankPodcast), when you can so much as log on to Facebook or IG and see a regular person with a regular account who does NOT run a brand or business online type the words “Photo credit” and list deets on it and an outfit, that tells you that pretty much that “ready-made audience” thinks of themselves as a (capable of being) brand or definitely essential to growing YOURS (people online with actual brands or businesses).
When you have to “social” of the media dynamic in place ON social media (again-where, too, online, jealousy, envy, coveting, and the kind of social politics—that we do NOT have to be held accountable for past a 140 character tweet (or Facebook or IG) post come into play; being the frontface of your brand or business (online) in front of this information age (digital) “ready made” audience (versus the analog audience of old-when media was controlled by radio and television before media became social) this SAME “ready made audience” (and very much apart of the negatives of social media) can see (or stereotype) you as a weed and want to help grow you or by contrast, assume (or see) you as a flowered and refuse to help [grow you-even if you feed, fertilize and sprinkle and grow them on a daily basis]. A great deal of calculating, social-personal strategizing and
over-thinking, over-feeling about people around us (and in our view) is the name of the our game (secretly and relatively so).
All that said, in this VERY same conversation I was having with my girlfriend yesterday. As long as people can’t put (substance) “matter” to energy then you remain “energy.”
Just like in my post about energy-matter-information (and a VERY necessary podcast I MUST do to explain further), I totally agree that the universal law of physic of old (energy and matter) has been overcast with the invention of information and technology. So with social media technology’s “ready made audience” being on the receiving end of your transmission, if what you have is good (and necessary), you can bypass BEING the “matter” by BEING energy THAT matters and succeed (fully-without incident, assumption, or judgment) in just transmitting digitally.
So I told her that yes, I would do all that I am doing the very same way I am doing it, but I would have NEVER put a face on it. That is my ONLY big regret in this digital experience. But the brightest side and positive of that regret is that (unlike most), I still have the luxury of not having poured my entire soul and spirit out in this process and digital underground-because there is one other ‘solidifier’ of my frontface’s “person” / personality is still sacred and exclusive and where no traces of it are online: video.
Given how I feel about all aforementioned, once you have gone from being the frontface of your business or brand (via social media and stills/pics), and layered that with lending your (actual) voice e.g podcast (like I have via #AngFrankPodcast), and then your ‘way’ (movements + voice + frontface) are all on display in video-and from there, there’s pretty much nothing left to be desired.
So hopefully, if you ARE “out there” all three ways, you (your business or brand) hopefully you are personally satisfied that you are in full bloom… I really don’t HAVE to elaborate on what’s happening with that (for the people that have extended themselves stills/pics+voice+video). Because…here’s the gag: The less your brand/business has (fully) bloomed before your pouring out all that, the more you log on to do it (to snag). More-pour.
…Then becomes the name of your game…which eventually overpowers your brand or business.
Like I mentioned in a post (about personal life and distances in lengths of time having gone by), what seems like longing and care is a fine line of merely needing curiousity settled. And too, in the business life of branding online, curiosity doesn’t necessarily mean (the kind of support that grows you on social media your BUSINESS), either-the kind that funds it to keep your business running, and on and you inspired and motivated to stay up and on…
But because social media is 24/7/365 with a “ready made audience” willing to indulge you, you somehow get fulfillment from that (that until log off), you realize you have not “fully blossomed” yet…and AT log off, they are miserably fighting to blossom…so you log back on to pour more.
That’s how the cycle goes…
I beg your pardon. I studied the top player’s fall from grace and fights to hang on, to the presumed (pseudo) “bosses” and see straight through it all.
I’ve seen the seeds turned flowers wilt to weeds pretending to be flowers.
I’ve seen it all.
Until I am in full blossom, know that what (stills) you see and have seen, and what (audio) you have heard or words you have read and read—that’s it and all of my “pour” unless and until I am in full bloom.
Like I observe (in droves) I refuse to wilt, daily and (luckily) won’t because what I do-I TRULY love it. And (for myself-personally) need it (information). That, combined with it being significant to the entire digital/social media experience (24/7/365), I will ALWAYS be successfully a valuable anomaly, significant, relevant and a boss in that undeniable regard. So whether I am in full bloom (where it matters to growing the business to its full potential or not), one thing’s for certain and two, for sure, is: I will never wilt, be a weed or insignificant. I am and do media on social media and the Internet (outside of social media).
Humbly knowing just that, I am at TOTAL peace with what I do with my brand online—and at peace with my person at log off (scroll up and refer to the entrepreneur/ career/social fyi section under the Elon Musk vacation article).
- Amazon and Microsoft agree their voice assistants will talk (to each other)
- Hurricane Harvey: Google, Amazon, Facebook to match $3M in donations
- Do We Need a Speedometer for Artificial Intelligence?
- Report: iPhone 8 to feature iPad-like Dock, redesigned multitasking and new gestures to replace home button
- A preview of the first wave of AR apps coming to iPhones
SCIENCE / NATURE / MEDICINE
- Male Lions Photographed Attempting To Mate At Wildlife Park
- How 12,000 Tonnes of Dumped Orange Peel Grew Into a Landscape Nobody Expected to Find
- Ecstasy Will Be Used To Treat PTSD In “Breakthrough Therapy” Clinical Trials
- Artificial Intelligence Is Attempting To Write The Next Game Of Thrones Book
- Hippos Save a Wildebeest From Crocodile’s Jaws
- Kenya Imposes World’s Toughest Laws Against Using Or Producing Single-Use Plastic Bags
HEALTH / FOOD
- Low-fat diets could kill you, shows major study
- People Who Follow Low-Fat Diets Have Higher Mortality Rates, Study Says
- Alzheimer’s disease victims at six and 10 years old
- Marijuana users walk differently than non-users