This cat is retired:
- 10 cities living in the future
- School start times are finally getting pushed back
- Stop starting school before 8:30 a.m.
- What motivates ISIS fighters and those who fight them
- 6 Priorities Congress Has To Deal With In 12 Days
- Top conservative publisher ditches NYT’s best-sellers list …I have a lot to say about this but for now, I choose not to. I posted it yesterday and reposting it today as, I was JUST about to say what it is I want to say but-I think it’s best (for now) that I press the pause button and will let this repost serve as my reiderect/“count to 10” breathing exercise. LoL…
- No One Asked for Verrit, but Here We Are
- Top conservative publisher ditches NYT’s best-sellers list
- Cuomo defends Christopher Columbus statue
- ‘Build the wall’ takes back seat to rebuilding after Harvey
- Trump’s Nominee To Be USDA’s Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist
- Attorneys general plan to sue Trump if he ends DACA
- Pastor urges Trump to show ‘heart’ to ‘Dreamers’
- Hurricane Irma now at Category 5 strength
- Hurricane Harvey racial optics much different than Katrina
- Man on the run with kidnapped ex-girlfriend, authorities say
- Joel Osteen’s Church Tried To Collect Money From Harvey
- State of Emergency Declared in Florida as Hurricane Irma Strengthens
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declares state of emergency ahead of Category 4 Hurricane Irma
- ‘We don’t have anything’: landlords demand rent on flooded Houston homes
- China has the tools to cripple North Korea’s economy …now we’re talking.
- North Korea nuclear crisis: Putin calls sanctions useless …Oh. He knows better than my politics and popular culture savvy, book writing, 4 blog running, QWERTY tappin’ la-di-da self. I digress.
- Six decades after the murder of Emmett Till, the cousin who saw him last dies at 74
- Coast Guard, police search Lake Ontario for 3 kayakers
ART / PHOTOGRAPHY
- Man tied to $500M art heist to be sentenced in separate case … As an artist (who paints, sketches, sculpts) yeah, I have every right to stick this under the ‘art’ category as, an attempt to heist $500m worth art is indeed “art.” Getting caught:
Priceless. Abstract art.
ENTERTAINMENT / CELEBS
- Selena Quintanilla’s Relatives Among the Victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Damon Dash Gets Real About Moving on From the Past
- John Legend Reveals He Tried to Break Up With Chrissy Teigen Years Ago
- Liam Gallagher calls Calvin Harris ‘boring’ and says DJs are ‘the new accountants’ LoL. Cruel, man.
- Lady Gaga Cancels Montreal Concert, Sends Fans Pizza
…Gaga missed her millennium Diana Ross moment. And somewhere in the hills of California, “The Boss” Diana Ross is filing her nails and talking about our generation’s work ethic and feeling about the only thing she and LadyGaga got in common is that they’re both Aries. Z’ats it.
Diana handled her FUNCTIONS that day. This is pop culture history:
Remembering John Ashbery, acclaimed writer who pulled poetry ‘from the air’
Lil Wayne Was Picture of Health at Shows Before Seizure
- Meghan Markle Professes Her Love for Prince Harry in Rare Personal Interview: “We’re in Love”
- Venice: Michael Jackson Estate, John Landis, Unveil ‘Thriller’ Short in 3-D in Leadup to Other New Projects
- John Beasley Remembers Steely Dan’s Walter Becker: ‘He Had a Way of Getting Everybody Laughing’
Walter Becker, introspective rocker of Steely Dan, dies at 67
Look Back at Ellen’s Amazing Road to Season 15
- Goo Goo Dolls shows in Houston, Dallas to benefit hurricane victims
- How John Lennon’s deportation battle inspired Obama’s policy for Dreamers
- BIG3 League, Ice Cube Hit With $250 Million Lawsuit
- Derrick Rose Cries After Watching Video Tribute from Fans in China
- Dwyane Wade reportedly considering Heat, Lakers, Cavs if bought out by Bulls
- Rousey involved in WWE storyline, possibly setting up future match
- Lyon thrives as ploy to ‘bowl ugly’ brings joy
- Le’Veon Bell on Steelers Holdout: ‘I Didn’t Want to Get Hurt in Camp’
- Cavs Putting in the Labor
- John Wall Sends Comedian Lil Duval Gliding with Crossover in Celebrity Game
- Stacy Lewis wins, gives earnings to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- J.D. Martinez hits four home runs against Dodgers
- Ward: Broncos ‘unprofessional’ with timing of release
- Win in September
- Mario Is Officially No Longer A Plumber
- Grab some tissues for The Witcher’s 10th anniversary video
TECHNOLOGY / BUSINESS MONEY
- Lego to cut 8 percent of its staff after sales drop ..This was BOUND to happen after all those bandwagon-y specialty Lego (wheelchair, astronauts, fashion etc). I get what they were trying to do by creating awareness for diversity and inclusion while inspiring interest in history, however, it’s 2017 and we kids that were fans of Legos are from a time too long ago. Today, nothing unrelated to technology, digital or push-button-y electronic is going to hold the attention of even these toddlers through tween aged kids. Totally saw this coming. It was good thinking-in trying to upgrade the brand with the times but, tactile/building tasks is not high priority with today’s kids once they are out of the crib and walking. It’s way too much technology around them-in parents’ homes or hands. They see that. Although sedentary and instant-gratifying nonetheless, electronics and all things digital is replacing sedentary toys of yesteryear.
- United Technologies Agrees to Buy Rockwell Collins
- At Burning Man while your startup burns
- McDonald’s workers to go on strike in Britain for first time
- Labor Day protest steps up pressure for $15 minimum wage
SCIENCE / NATURE
- Couple Files Lawsuit Against Amazon Over Fake Eclipse Glasses .. saw this coming
- Scientists Dig Up Infamous Serial Killer’s Grave To Settle Rumors Of Escape
WELLNESS/ PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / SELF-CARE
- We ignore what doesn’t fit with our biases – even if it costs us…Amen. To avoid having to self-reflect (which, at times, can cause a complete overhaul and re-do) people would rather suffer the immediate consequences or later repercussions. Because (today) with our forms and methods of socialization, it’s easy to mask and move on. But the MOMENT we are faced with an idea, thought, (or even post) that triggers emotion in us, we revolt. But the gag is, anything that triggers and emotion in you has provoked thought for you to consider. When we ignore that, we let scar-tissue build-because beneath that was a problem that required attention we chose to ignore.
I have 3 things I stand by regarding that:
1) The human condition is RARELY, if ever objective, and if it is, (especially today), it is conditioned to be so if there is a reward in it and/or it can be witnessed or recorded. Very rarely is being objective a private matter and for the times that it is, (and if you are the subject): You’ve been blessed. And I’m talkin’ the end of Color Purple when Mista went to the immigration department and handed over Celie’s monies, letters and immigration papers as the song “God is Trying to Tell You Something” played kinda blessed. Trust me on that… (4:47) There st still a FEW..a handfull of people in the world who will give you your just due, what is rightfully yours or what you deserve, in complete silence.
2) Most of what we do, subscribe to (and today) promote or circulate, is that which is out of our way/competition or if reciprocity (or reward) is involved and/or that which doesn’t make us think and reflect too hard so as to keep us ‘comfortable’ and able to cope. (When I got over that weakness, I became fearless and can handle the not so bright side). I don’t like living lies. It’s not healthy and it makes you delusional. Blind optimism is good but dangerous. Because by the same token, you have to be able to handle truths (or negatives) in life. It’s possible to be positive and be able to deal with truth. Most people (today) are quick to call you or ‘it’ “negative” when they haven’t adapted to seeing positives in truths. Seeing positives in truths is to being armed with what to work through, and around. When you don’t know-you can’t grow. You just think you’re growing but the weeds will soon show.
3) Once you realize that to suit their program, agenda, thought processes, pretty much everything people say (or post) is relative and subjective-rarely the opposite. Once you really process that, you can move freely-by your own maverick.
That’s my spiel on that. Hope it helps.
HEALTH / FOOD
- Vaccines In Developing Nations Will Have Saved $820 Billion And 20 Million Lives By 2020
- New class of drugs targets aging to help keep you healthy
- Siri saves sick girl from Harvey floodwaters
- Prolonged Sitting And Binge TV-Viewing May Take A Toll On Ability To Walk
- ‘Eating Animals’ Review: Natalie Portman Narrates Essential Documentary on Meat Consumption
- Meat-lovers beware: Eating more red meat, poultry can raise diabetes risk
- 3 … 2 … 1 … Beeeep! Your Microwave’s 50th Anniversary Is Ready
- “Gluten-free” water: How food labeling has gone too far …understatement. Yet, you wonder how Gwnyth Paltrow’s lifestyle brand Goop branded: this generation buys into ANYTHING. Just put
buzzwords withheldcertain/perticular buzzwords on it and it’s sold. I mentioned this in another post but I’m going to do a full spiel on it-how this thing is done, easily packaged, easily ‘brandable,’ marketable, and sold.
- New class of drugs targets aging to help keep you healthy ..where do I sign up? LoL
ENTREPRENEURSHIP / MARKETEING / ADVERTISING / SOCIALMEDIAPRENEUR / SOCIAL FYI
- The Case for Investing More in People
- For the love of God, please tell me what your company does .…Amen
- 5 Ways to Make Your Business Look Good to Customers Online
- 5 Facebook algorithm hacks to up your content marketing game
- How to Network at a Conference: 101 Tips From Marketing’s Best
- LinkedIn Says Your CMO Needs to Know About These 5 Marketing Trends
- How to Use Authenticity to Capture the Attention of Generation Z
- 10 Ways to Use Chatbots for Marketing and Sales
- Hello Google – How To Optimize Voice Search For Your Startup!
- 5 Key Considerations in Converting Your Nonprofit to a For-Profit
- How to Choose the Best Landing Page for E-commerce PPC Campaigns
- The Silicon Valley execs who don’t eat for days: ‘It’s not dieting, it’s biohacking’ …when you work so hard, this tends to happen automatically. I can’t wait to read more. This is my second time posting it-it must be calling out to me. 🙂