- Della Reese, star of TV’s ‘Touched By An Angel,’ dies at 86
Della Reese’s passing is so, so sad. And while at the same time, it is with great admiration and appreciation-the fact that (many of us learned) this lady (born in 1931) was an entertainer during the most oppressive times in history yet, transcended time and brought us good times.
That “many of us” being we young whipper-snappers that remember her from our time (“Touched By An Angel”) and especially hood classics like “Harlem Nights” and “ Thin Line Between Love and Hate.”
For us, and I’m sure those that knew her and worked with her (legends like Lynn Whitfield, Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy and other legends we lost: Red Foxx and Richard Pryor-starring in the next clip with her) she gave us all good laughs. She will be missed…oh so dearly.
I was in tears (of sadness and nostalgia) re-watching this. RIP Della Reese. We enjoyed you. Thanks for blessing us in our time.
- Earle Hyman Dead: ‘The Cosby Show’ Actor Who Played Bill Cosby’s Father Dies at 91 (Dr. Huxtable’s dad-grey hair)
…this, too, is very said. Good times in life.
- Musicians React to Mel Tillis’ Death
- Mary J. Blige and Jay-Z lead NAACP Image Award nominations
- American Music Awards winners: Bruno Mars takes home seven trophies
- The best and worst of the 2017 AMAs
- AMAs 2017: Christina Aguilera Pays Tribute to Whitney Houston and ‘The Bodyguard’
- American Music Awards best and worst-dressed stars: Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato shine
- American Music Awards: Kelly Clarkson, P!nk Open Show With Tribute to First Responders
- Linkin Park Dedicates 2017 American Music Awards Win to Chester Bennington: ”Make Him Proud”
- We’re Flipping Out Over Pink’s American Music Awards Performance on the Side of a Hotel
- ‘American Idol’ Lets Audience Send One Hopeful to Hollywood During American Music Awards
- People Are Freaking Out Over K-Pop Band BTS’ Performance At The AMAs
- The ‘Lost’ Malcom Young Interview: AC/DC in 2003
- Harrison Ford comes to the rescue after car accident
- Man Arrested After Being Suspected Of Handling Stolen John Lennon Diaries
- Everything leaving Netflix in December that you need to watch before it’s too late
- Why Amazon should cancel ‘Transparent’
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s on ‘Blacklist,’ Goes Off on Lena Dunham: ‘Not Helping the Movement’
- How the Beach Boys ended up recording a song written by Charles Manson
- Harvey Weinstein scandal: New Weinstein Company bidder proposes majority-female board
- Steven Spielberg on timely new film ‘The Post’: ‘History is certainly repeating itself’
- 4 reasons why ‘Justice League’ has flopped at the box office
- MPs vote ‘that animals cannot feel pain or emotions’ into the Brexit bill
- Charles Manson: What was Helter Skelter, Manson’s racial doomsday fantasy?
- Charles Manson, leader of murderous cult, dead at 83
- For Many Americans, the Media Is Now Their God
- Nebraska just approved an extension of the Keystone XL pipeline
- 3- 2-1, BAM! Georgia Dome imploded in downtown Atlanta
- US troops in Japan banned from drinking after fatal crash
- Man shot 7 times, more than 30 rounds fired in ‘chaotic scene’ at Midlands nightclub
- The U.S. begins bombing Taliban drug labs as Trump’s Afghanistan strategy takes hold
- A 10-year-old was playing on a swing — when the chain wrapped around his neck
- Woman found dead at Concord hotel after mysterious 911 call
- Fugitive repeatedly mocks police on Facebook by posting photos of exactly where he is
- North Korea media blasts Trump as an ‘old lunatic’
- Mueller is gearing up to interview Hope Hicks in the Russia investigation
- Zimbabwe’s Mugabe, facing impeachment, calls Cabinet meeting
- China’s deep ties to Zimbabwe could grow after Mugabe era
- Sessions offers $98M in grants to hire more police officers
- 2nd woman accuses Sen. Al Franken of improper conduct
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Started Small, but Keeps Growing
President Donald Trump Goes After GOP Sen. Jeff Flake, Says His Career Toast’ | Morning Joe
- Trump says U.S. will designate North Korea as a state sponsor of terror
- After border agent is killed and partner injured in Texas, Trump renews call for wall
- Trump declares North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism
- Where the Trump campaign and Russian actors overlapped
- The Latest: Trump promises ‘huge tax cut for Christmas’
- Trump and father of UCLA player spar over arrest in China
Trump: I should have left UCLA players in Chinese jail
- Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn dies in car accident
- Minnesota exposed one of the Rams’ biggest weaknesses on Sunday
- Saints’ Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara are the best running back tandem in the NFL
- Former Bull Ben Gordon arrested for driving with forged license plate
- Patriots QB Tom Brady details reasons for personal, team success
- Dak Prescott played the worst game of his career, but he’s not stressing it
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. opens up about retirement, says he hopes to still ‘be a part of the sport that I love’
- Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna dies at 49
TECHNOLOGY / BUSINESS / MONEY
Tesla Makes Big Promises It Probably Can’t Keep With New Semi-Truck(HBO)
- Bitcoin price soars to new high close to $8,200
- TIME names iPhone X 2nd best gadget of 2017, Apple Watch Series 3 makes top ten
- How to Build a Great Tech Company That VCs Will Love
- The U.S. technology-related sanctions against Iran; what you need to know
- What to know about the FCC’s upcoming plan to undo its net neutrality rules
- Apple served with warrant for Texas shooter’s iPhone and iCloud data
- Texas authorities serve Apple a warrant for mass shooter’s iPhone
HEALTH / FOOD
Why do so many US women die giving birth? – BBC News
- Pregnant women can halve the risk of a stillbirth by sleeping on their side during the third trimester, new research shows.
- Women advised to sleep on side to help prevent stillbirth
- Schizophrenia originates early in pregnancy, ‘mini-brain’ research suggests
- Summer bodies are made in the winter and well, so are summer feet! Got bunions? Check out this (one size fits all) Orthopedic bun corrector !
WELLNESS / SELF-CARE / PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT SEX & RELATIONSHIPS
- Teen depression, suicide and smartphone use
- Dem candidate boasts of ‘hayloft’ romp, sex with 50 women in bid to preempt oppo …I said it in an excerpt of my (not yet published) book Feel Like a Lady Deal Like a Man-Tips & Secrets on Everything from: Self-Esteem, Friends, Love, Sex, and Men (a lot of excerpts can be found within these write-ups on our sister site)… I mention (in the RPC/reverse-psychology cheating section) that men loooooooooooove bragging (and even redemption and humble-bragging) about their sexual conquests–AND THIS GUY DIDN’T EVEN HAVE TO OFFER THIS INFO. LoL. At any rate, in that chapter of my book, I’m teaching women my RPC method of the psychology of reversing cheating. I teach them how to use this as fuel to allow their significant others to share (with them) these trysts (and thoughts). Why? Because the secret to keeping cheating alive (actual or emotional) lies in the secrecy of it. That’s key. But when the secret is out, it puts the fire and desire out of wanting the thrill and the thrill seeking of cheating. I explain how where women “romance” sexual and physical experiences, men ‘rogue’ it. And as per my RPC method (by which I am seeking to get implemented into couples therapy nationwide), if the couple is at a point in the relationship where they still half way like each other, and a woman [is strong enough to] grab hold of that thing men love to do (talk about their conquests)-cheating can easily be eliminated by making it not ‘fun’ and on fire anymore.
In the RPC excerpt, I explain that the act of cheating more of a knock-down, drag-out ordeal in the mind and heart of a woman yet, most often, it’s merely a conquest and sport for men. Cheating isn’t always a reason to break up. You just have to know what to do with it (before, during or after it happens). When a man feels like he has a bestie in his woman-far over watching sports but rather, kicking it with her about what happened, what almost happened and what he entertained the thought of happening-she wins…because the next time it almost happens (mind or in the flesh), he’s becomes more concerned with the fact that it could have (with satisfies his male ‘conquest’) but habitually becomes compelled to spill it (with his woman).
The space and opportunity to cheat presents itself in a mans life (and mind) far too often for the woman he is in a relationship with for her not to have a method for it. You’re not really your man’s “friend” until he can confess things to you that you aren’t ready to hear–like he does with his real friends. Kickin’ sports talk with him is not enough. But if you keep him practice like what I share in the RPC chapter, you’ll really have a ‘friend’ in him–and salvage your relationship. Trust me, I didn’t write this book out of mid-air. I’m the keeper of many-a-souls and secrets and ‘keep’ men that are even kept anymore.
Enough about that, but speaking of which. Check this great site and articles about relationships that you might like. Here are a few article titles so as to give you an idea about the subject matter. You might like these:
- Beautiful People vs Beautiful Relationships
- Prizing Imperfections
- What Men Secretly Want (presentation)
- True confidence ?
- Understanding Men
- Dating for Keeps
- Is He The One?
- Stop Getting Hurt by Untrustworthy Men
- Be irresistible – why men pull away
If you want to read those articles and more, go here